Welded steel frames
The welded steel frames from the “CS” series are designed to be installed before the construction of the interior partitions. They offer an increased durability allowing a greater longevity.
“CS” SERIES TECHNICAL DETAILS
- The welded steel frames from the “CS” series are manufactured using 18, 16, 14 or 12 gauge galvanized steel;
- The mitred corners are welded using one of the 2 methods:
Standard > the joints are welded by carrying out a continuous weld bead only on the inside faces of the mitred corners.
Optional > the joints are welded by carrying out a continuous weld bead on the inside of the entire frame profile.
- All welded corners are ground smooth and primed to achieve a good looking finish;
- The steel frames have two temporary spreader bars welded at the base of the frame.They have six frame anchors adapted to various types of wall constructions and two floor anchors;
- The single openings have three rubber bumpers per strike jamb and the double openings have two rubber bumpers on the head;
- The frames are prepared to receive the hinges and the strike as specified in the knockdown frame section;
- The hinge reinforcements are protected by mortar boxes when they are installed in concrete block walls.
These frames are available with a 20, 45, 90 or 180 minute fire rating. The hardware preparation and location is in accordance with the standards of the “American National Standard Institute”.
1- Renfort de charnière angulaire de calibre 10 –
2- Préparation de gâche ANSI 115.1 (ASA) –
3- Attache au plancher (ATT #3) –
4- Attache pour mur de maçonnerie (ATT #5) –
5- Attache pour mur existant (ATT #6) –
6- Attache pour colombage de métal (ATT #8) –
7- Attache pour mur de maçonnerie (ATT #4) –
8- Attache pour colombage de bois (ATT #7) –
9- Renfort de charnière calibre 10
N.B. : D’autres machinages de quincaillerie sont disponibles sur demande.